Friday, April 24, 2009

modest sleep walkers

So last night, just as I was *ahem* in the bathroom and about to go to bed, something slammed up against the door. So I peeped the door open to see what had cause the minor earthquake. To my surprise I found Miss B, wrapped up in a comforter, with her eyes shut. I figured that the light was probably a bit shocking to the iris which was why they were closed.

"Sweetie, do you need to use the bathroom?"
"fdlaspogarena; souf," she quietly mumbled
"MISS B. Do you need to use the bathroom?" At this point, I was exiting the lavatory.
"asiodufnasre,dfgiauwrngfa,xdnfviausrtq," she mumbled, a bit louder this time.
I put my hand on her shoulder and knelt down. "Miss B. Do YOU need to go potty?"
"No. No potty."
"Then what are you doing in the hallway?" She rubbed her eyes and then looked at me.
"No. No potty."
"Then why are you here, honey?"
"I'm just standing here right now." At this point, I started laughing.
"You're just standing here? Wouldn't bed be nicer? Why don't you go hop into bed goofball?" At this point, I assumed that she had woken up a bit more because she smiled and nodded. I thought that she had realized where she was and was confirming her silliness with the appropriate reaction.

This morning when I asked her if she remembered last nights incident, she insisted that she did not. I retold the story (with all the kids listening and laughing) and she seemed surprised by it all. Does this mean I can look forward to her sleepwalking out the back door to meet up with friends in the future?

2 comments:

Sheree said...

omigosh, that's scary but i can't stop laughing!!! cute, miss B!

lexnlil said...

That is funny! My daughter did something like that the other night for the first time too. Your blog is too funny!