Wednesday, May 21, 2008

petty

Sometimes I could just SCREAM at the pettiness that people get hyper focused on. Does anyone else see what's going on in the world? Injustice is everywhere and we're whining about silly nonsense.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


I was reading this last night and it sang the tune so much better than I ever could:

"We are all starved for the glory of God, not self. No one goes to the Grand Canyon to increase self esteem. Why do we go? Because there is greater healing for the soul in beholding splendor than there is in beholding self. Indeed, what could be more ludicrous in a vast and glorious universe like this than a human being, on the speck called earth, standing in front of a mirror trying to find significance in his own self-image? It is a great sadness that this is the gospel of the modern world."

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Uhh...do you have something specific in mind. This was a little on the vague side:)

It's funny the mountains we tend to build out of mole hills, as the saying goes. I think sometimes people get stuck and it's hard to see outside of the box they are in. I know I am guilty of sometimes being stuck inside the box. I suppose that's part of being human and why we need Jesus to show us the way...

And.. changed the background of my site, thought of you. Pineapples and beaches dude:)
D.

Aly Cat 121 said...

So true. Funny you posted this because I just picked up the book "Society of the Spectacle" by Guy Debord and it speaks to stuff just like that.