Monday, July 30, 2007

body

Let's start off with the skirt, finally completed. I cropped my upper half off (presently I have no make-up on) and the embroidery is difficult to see (Miss Z took the photo) but just let your imagination soar!



Here's another with the skirt taking a nap on the couch:



You can see the embroidery better and yet it lacks... body (pun intended). I talked Miss B out of me making her a quilt... Here's how: Offer the most feminine girl on the planet the choice of either A.a quilt made by mommy or B.a summer dress made by mommy. She of course chose option B which leaves me more time to make MY quilt. I am naughty, I admit it. But she's happy and I'm happy so who's going to tell on me?

Yesterday was my 29th birthday and I received THE BEST birthday present ever. If you know me well, then you know that one of my fantasies is to have a mariachi band singing to me as I lean over my veranda (don't have one of those). Well, yesterday this came as close as it ever will when a band by the name of Gertrude's Hearse sang to me (while on the ferry) a song about QUILTING and LOVING the man who carries the same last name as I (that would be my husband). Man they pegged me well... Here's a link to one of their songs Don't be jealous!

3 comments:

Dawne said...

That's awesome! Happy belated birthday!!

Raquel said...

Thanks Dawne! I heart you mucho much!

Abbie said...

oh there it is! Nice!