Wednesday, January 30, 2008

write it down?

For those of you who didn't mark your calenders, I'm leaving for sunny Liberia on Saturday. ACK! Can you believe it? Probably you can... It's hard for me to imagine that my nephew and I (that's him in the photo below) will be chillin' in WEST AFRICA in just a few short days.
I'm a little worried but not overwhelmingly so. I must admit that I'm a little worried about how things'll go without me home. (Not that the world will shatter as soon as I walk out the door... right!?!) Not to mention that I have these better-than-one-could-dream-for-fill-ins:

Me little brova in the Left photo and >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Miss Brasil (you look WAY better in this one than I do) on the Right

And, how could one forget, my beautiful husband who'll hold down the fort?
I was trying to convince him to look like a Soprano here... no luck as you can see...

The mountains and piles of paperwork are completed and collected. The packing is 75% finished. The unbelievable amount of shopping is done. The only thing left is to sit and wait for our passports to return from the embassy... and to blog about it all, of course.

And, a weensy confession. I'm a bit anxious about what Raquel + Liberia ='s. Does it equal a smooth ride of awe and wonder? Or a constant sadness of the insurmountable poverty? Or a denial of the poverty around me? Will our son be a poopy head? Will he be introverted and disinclined to my presence? Will our kids' biological family even care if I go for a visit (or two) to make a family tree, find out why Miss F insists that a bullet hit her eye during the war, find out why their mom abandon the twins when they were just infants, what are the symptoms of our newest sons' (Big P) epilepsy - will it be minor or fatal, and on and on? Will any of my questions get answered?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Raquel!

I will be praying for you, and I sincerely hope you get all the answers you are looking for while you are away! It will be so awesome to get your son back here and settled into his new forever home! I am rootin' for you girl, darn proud too.

Love yah!
~S~

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your nephew as ya'll make this journey. I do hope that the questions that you are suppossed to have answers to are answered and that you have peace that passes understanding for the questions that are not answered. Prayers also for the fill-ins even though I am sure Miss Brasil can run that daycare. :) Can't wait for your return and to see/read about the entire adventure.

Stephanie said...

Oh Girl Im SOOOO HAPPY for you!! :)
Ill be praying for yoU!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm praying that you make it there and back safely. Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

You and both boys are on our church prayer list, and Jay's (Poole)church prayer list, along with many, many personal prayer lists. God Bless you all and keep you safe until your return to us.
Love
Gigi

Ashley said...

Hooray for the team! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to hear all about it, and to hear what you think about Liberia!

Sheree said...

you're amazing. you'll be amazing. and the experience will be amazing. i know this so have faith. let God lead the way.

Lisa said...

Wishing you a wonderful, safe trip. Hope you get the answers you seek.

Rebekah said...

My prayers are with you. Have a safe trip and peace in your heart