Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Today

Two years ago today my husband and I asked the orphanage to allow us to adopt Miss B, Miss F, and Mr. P. Makes me smile remembering that call. We had just gotten back from the roller skating rink (where I laughed so hard that I almost cried watching Husband and Mr. Brasil try to skate) and there was a message on the phone.

The orphanage wanted to tell me that the kids' village and church had been fasting and praying for two weeks for someone to adopt them. Tears sprang into my eyes, hearing this news... understanding just how big that God is... He answered the prayers of some Liberians through puny old us.

And then I remember the first time that I met my babies... here's a photo of the first time that I kissed Mr. P when I met Husband and kids at the Chicago airport to help Husband with the last leg of the trip (on the left). And another one of he and I from a couple of days ago (right). Hasn't that boy grown?? My little man... He's gained 20 pounds and 6" in just a year and a half (ignore the other kids in the picture who kept sneaking into the shot)!














The point is that today, two years later, in the mail we received word from the US government that we can bring our 10 year old son home to his family (that would be us). I officially HAVE TO travel so I'll find out tomorrow just when that will be but we're hoping before Christmas... this is our only goal. Wow. My baby is finally coming home, guys! Can you believe it?? I'm proud to announce my son, Big P:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful. I leave for Dawne's on the 28th. Let me know when you finalize your plans.
Gigi

Anonymous said...

That is terrific news and how God works that you would find out the at the same time, I love His coincidences. :) Thanks for sharing how you and your hubby have been obedient to God's leading, it is such an awesome testimony. Woohoo!!!

Rebekah said...

That is so awesome!!

Fabric Fanatic said...

Congratulations, Raquel! I'm so happy for you and your family and of course, for Big P too. Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I tried to do the paypal thing - but you weren't kidding - $1 at a time - is there someway to bypass that, to give more?

Cute kids!

Fabric Fanatic said...

Raquel, would you do me a favor and take a look at my blog entry for today? I'd be interested in your feedback.
Susan

Raquel said...

Gigi, will do... I'm still waiting to hear back from the orphanage for some travel dates.

Southy, thanks for sharing?!? It's more like thanks for listening! And I do love His coincidences! He just plain old rocks.

Rebekah, I know, right?

Mt, Thank you! I will DEFINITELY be blogging from Liberia so you'll have to stay in touch!

Nicole, (not verity heheh) You can just enter in the amount that you want to donate where paypal says $1. Thanks for considering it! Did you check out the adoption blog?

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!Little P was telling us to day about Big P, and the rest of the trip to school was spent talking about how much fun the airport will be!!! H said to me, once we got home, that he thinks that he and Big P will be best friends in America. We love Little P so much we can't wait to meet and love Big P just as much!

Aly Cat 121 said...

ohhh that's deep. I don't know what to do with my 5 year old, so I'd have NO clue as to how to handle an "almost" teen-ager. Chil' I'm sweatin. Yall good girl. I guess that why you were called. . . . (secret rich person, you know that's YOU right?)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Raquel!! This is great news!!

Stephanie said...

UGH! Bloglines isnt updating for some reason and Im way behind.

That being said IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

Anonymous said...

ACK! Woohoo! How exciting! Did you expect that it would be in this timing?